- 1880 - American George Eastman begins to commercially manufacture dry plates for photography.
- 1880 - Eadweard Muybridge holds a public demonstration of his Zoopraxiscope, a magic lantern provided with a rotating disc with artist's renderings of Muybridge's chronophotographic sequences. It was used as a demonstration device by Muybridge in his illustrated lecture (the original preserved in the Museum of Kingston upon Thames in England).
- January 1, 1881 - American inventor George Eastman founds the Eastman Dry Plate Company.
- 1882 - American inventor George Eastman begins experimenting with new types of photographic film, with his employee, William Walker
- 1882 - French physiologist Étienne-Jules Marey invents the chronophotographic gun, a camera shaped like a rifle that photographs twelve successive images each second.
- 1885 - American inventors George Eastman and Hannibal Goodwin each invent a sensitized celluloid base roll photographic film to replace the glass plates then in use.
- 1887 - Hannibal Goodwin files for a patent for his photographic film.
- 1888 - George Eastman files for a patent for his photographic film.
- 1888 - Thomas Edison meets with Eadweard Muybridge to discuss adding sound to moving pictures. Edison begins his own experiments.
- 1888 - Louis Aimé Augustin Le Prince creates the first motion picture films created on paper rolls of film.
- 1889 - American inventor George Eastman's celluloid base roll photographic film becomes commercially available.
Read more about this topic: 1884 In Film
Other articles related to "events":
... Slalom and Giant Slalom make up the "technical events" in alpine ski racing ... This category separates them from the "speed events" like Super-G and Downhill ... In the United States, skiing events including slalom are managed by the U.S ...
... Lake City and the 2006 Turin Winter Olympic Games were also major events, though less popular ... Usain Bolt of Jamaica dominated the male sprinting events at the Beijing Olympics, in which he broke three world records, allowing him to be the first man to ever accomplish ... Association football's important events included two World Cups, one organized in South Korea, Japan, which saw Brazil win a record fifth title, and the other in Germany, which saw Italy's fourth ...
... has a symmetrical structure hinged around chapter 6–9, the flood story, with the events before the flood mirrored by the events after ... The "patriarchal history" recounts the events of the major patriarchs Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to whom God reveals himself and to whom the promise ...
... of, and later accretions to, the narrative of events during Æthelred's long and complex reign ... sources for the history of the period, the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle, which, as it reports events with a retrospect of 15 years, cannot help but interpret events with the eventual English defeat a foregone conclusion ... Yet, as virtually no strictly contemporary narrative account of the events of Æthelred's reign exists, historians are forced to rely on what evidence there is ...
Famous quotes containing the word events:
“At all events there is in Brooklyn
something that makes me feel at home.”
—Marianne Moore (18871972)
“When the course of events shall have removed you to distant scenes of action where laurels not nurtured with the blood of my country may be gathered, I shall urge sincere prayers for your obtaining every honor and preferment which may gladden the heart of a soldier.”
—Thomas Jefferson (17431826)
“Reporters are not paid to operate in retrospect. Because when news begins to solidify into current events and finally harden into history, it is the stories we didnt write, the questions we didnt ask that prove far, far more damaging than the ones we did.”
—Anna Quindlen (b. 1952)