- The Center for Material Research houses major analytical instruments like electron microscope (SEM-EDS), X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning probe microscope (SPM), DTA-TGA, BET surface area measurement system with a 250 kN mechanical testing machine. All projects related to materials science and engineering use the center resources at one point. Laboratories dedicated to materials research occupy 1500 square meters with the processing done in different parts of the campus and characterization of the produced specimens performed in the Center for Materials and Research. IZTECH is well known for its cutting-edge research on advanced materials like composites, ceramics, metals and polymers. There are four dedicated technical personnel in the center each well-trained to use the analytical instruments. More than 20 faculty members support the center through research and funding activities.
- The Biotechnology and Bioengineering Research Center is an interdisciplinary research center at IZTECH. Biotechnology and bioengineering is the area that takes part in the priority objectives of IZTECH. The Center for Biotechnology and Bioengineering was established in 2004 as a cooperative research and development partnership between universities, industry, and other interdisciplinary areas. The Center has established collaboration with the other research centers of the institute such as Material Research Center, Environment Research Center and Food Safety Research Center. Therefore the center has established a list of people from the institute and other institutions collaborating with these centers interested in biotechnology and bioengineering research. The aim is to expand this list and activate the participation of these people. This center will foster research not only in laboratory level but also make initiations in order to carry over novel projects to industrial level.
- The Food Safety Research Center was established in 2004. The center is a multidisciplinary research group bringing together scientists from the disciplines of engineering, chemistry, and biology. The center was founded upon idea of the importance of the food safety in the absence of which chronic disease, even death, economic loss emerge as unavoidable consequences.
- The vision of İzmir Institute of Technology's Geothermal Research and Application Center includes using sustainable and renewable geothermal energy economical, by the methods which science and technology suggest, around the country wherever possible to have a better and healthier environment for our community and lastly to introduce the science and technology of geothermal energy in Turkey.
- Computer Applications and Research Centre
- Environmental Research Centre
- Project Management Centre
- Communication Networks and Multimedia Research Centre
Other articles related to "research centers, center, research, centers":
... Center for Asset Management Center for Corporate Citizenship Center For Investment Research And Management Center for Retirement Research Winston Center for Leadership and Ethics Center for Work and ...
... The Rutgers School of Engineering is home to several research centers, and is also affiliated with other research centers throughout Rutgers University ... These large-scale research centers are typically funded through various New Jersey and federal grants, and also through corporate sponsorships ... Also, numerous smaller research laboratories exist within the various academic departments of the SoE ...
... Center for International Strategy, Technology and Policy Sam Nunn Security Program Georgia East Asia Research Schools (GEARS) is a three-university consortium (Em ...
... foundation teaching departments, 62 majors, ten mobile doctoral programs,six postdoctoral centers of first rank discipline, 69 doctoral programs, 24 masters centers of first rank discipline, 159 ... national key engineering laboratory, one State experimental teaching demonstration center, one research base on human sciences under the Chinese Ministry of ... societies and organizations such as the Northwest Normal Teacher Training Center under the Ministry of Education, the Northwest Educational ...
Famous quotes containing the words centers and/or research:
“But look what we have built ... low-income projects that become worse centers of delinquency, vandalism and general social hopelessness than the slums they were supposed to replace.... Cultural centers that are unable to support a good bookstore. Civic centers that are avoided by everyone but bums.... Promenades that go from no place to nowhere and have no promenaders. Expressways that eviscerate great cities. This is not the rebuilding of cities. This is the sacking of cities.”
—Jane Jacobs (b. 1916)
“To be sure, nothing is more important to the integrity of the universities ... than a rigorously enforced divorce from war- oriented research and all connected enterprises.”
—Hannah Arendt (19061975)